2016 Honda Foreman - TRX500
2016 Honda Foreman - TRX500
Honda®'s hardest working ATV is popular with both commercial fleet buyers and recreational riders who are looking for a basic, yet capable, machine. The TRX500 Foreman has all the componentry needed to get the job done or tackle the toughest trails without the luxury features that drive up cost and complexity.
2016 Honda® TRX500 Foreman
Honda®'s hardest working ATV is popular with both commercial fleet buyers and recreational riders who are looking for a basic, yet capable, machine. The TRX500 Foreman has all the componentry needed to get the job done or tackle the toughest trails without the luxury features that drive up cost and complexity. The proven sideways-mounted OHV engine offers an exceptionally low centre of gravity and features a foot-shifted five-speed manual transmission with auto clutch. The engine and transmission are complimented by a shift-on-the-fly four-wheel drive system that allows easy shifting between 2WD and 4WD and has a diff lock mode that locks the front differential for true all-wheel drive. The durable steel chassis is just as well thought-out with oversized steel racks front and rear that offer multiple tie down options for maximum load versatility. A rugged weather-proof electrical system is also up to the task with full instrumentation to help ensure riders stay well informed as well as a powerful 481 watt alternator providing lots of excess output to power personal electronics. Tough as it is, the TRX500 Foreman is surprisingly comfortable with adjustable, long travel-suspension at both ends and a broad plush seat for long days in the saddle.
Features May Include:
- Powerful liquid-cooled, 475 cc single-cylinder OHV four-stroke engine is longitudinally mounted allowing direct driveshaft alignment to both front and rear wheels for maximum drivetrain efficiency.
- Overhead-valve design provides compact engine dimensions for improved ground clearance while maintaining a broad, easy-to-use powerband.
- Rubber-cushion engine mounting and gear-driven counter-balancer reduce vibration.
- Convenient electric starting, with an automatic internal-decompression system.
- Double-cradle steel frame developed with Computer Aided Engineering offers increased stiffness and reduced weight for precise handling and a smoother ride.
- Front and rear suspension both feature 185 mm (7.3 in.) of travel for a plush, controlled ride.
- Adjustable spring preload is featured on all shocks to allow suspension tuning to match varying loads and riding conditions.
- Enclosed-axle type swingarm with optimized stiffness for improved toughness and durability, and excellent handling performance.
- Attractive bodywork offers excellent mud protection while giving an aggressive, modern look.
- Twin-headlight system features 35-watt headlights with a carefully focused light distribution pattern for improved visibility after dark. Top assist light operates independently of front headlights so it can be turned off while carrying a load on the front carrier.
- One-piece tank/side cover allows easy access (no tools required) for maintenance.
- Fuel pump derived from Honda® automobile technology is mounted in the fuel tank for better heat isolation and offers increased filter life.